Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fame



It may just be me but I find this incredibly cute. It's the four to six year old juniors from the Starlight Stage School rehearsing Fame for the interval act of the musical we're doing at the moment.

Standing on stage is a daunting thing at any age, and to see the delight of these children as they do their best to remember complicated dance moves, the words of a song, to smile and to enjoy it is just a tonic. When they walked out on stage for their live performance last night, the collective awwww from the audience was better than any applause before. They also got a huge cheer at the end.

It's a pity the video quality is so poor. I'd love you to hear Eilish Fitzgearld, the young singer who does an amazing job of the song. You can get a sense from the clip, I hope, but she's a young girl with a fantastic voice. Truth be told I've been so impressed with the quality of acting and singing on this show, it makes me wish I'd kept at it when young.

Well done to all the juniors and to Jason Paul Ryan and Sharon Molloy for all their hard work. The only way is up!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you wanted to be 'FIVE' all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!! I'm going to have to bring tissues, I'll probably cry at this. DId I ever tell you I cry at stuff like this? Lol. Can't wait to see them in 'person' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giant 'Awwwwwwwwwww'! Now they are just dotey. I want to squeeze their little cheeks, bless 'em.

    They're talented aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete